Skip to content
- ▢1 tablespoon olive oil
- ▢1/2 medium onion diced
- ▢2 pounds ground beef
- ▢1 15.5 ounce pinto beans can, drained
- ▢1 15 ounce corn can, drained
- ▢1 10 ounce diced tomatoes with green chilies can, do not drain
- ▢1 1/2 cups cheese shredded
- ▢1 ounce taco seasoning
- ▢1/2 cup water
- ▢1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ▢1 8.5 ounce Jiffy corn muffin mix
- ▢1 cup creamed corn
- ▢1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking oil.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add onion. Cook until onion is softened; about 4-5 minutes.
- Add ground beef to the skillet, breaking into small pieces as it cooks. Cook until no longer pink. Drain and discard grease.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef mix, beans, corn, diced tomatoes with juice, and cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix taco seasoning, water, and garlic powder. Pour over ground beef mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour beef mixture into the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn muffin mix, creamed corn and heavy cream with a spatula. Scoop cornbread batter over beef mixture and gently spread evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes; until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cornbread comes out clean and the cornbread is starting to brown.
- Serve with green onions, extra cheese, or sour cream.