Skip to content
- ▢1 tablespoon olive oil
- ▢1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ▢1 pound smoked sausage sliced into 1 inch pieces
- ▢3 cups heavy cream
- ▢4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ▢4 tablespoons butter
- ▢2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- ▢2 cloves garlic
- ▢1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- ▢8 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- ▢1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ▢1.5 teaspoons salt
- ▢1.5 teaspoons black pepper
- Pat chicken dry and season with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and garlic powder. In a large pan add the olive oil and sear the chicken on high heat. You just want to brown each side, not cook entirely.
- Add chicken, sausage, heavy cream, chicken broth, butter, garlic, Cajun, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to an 8 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours
- 30 minutes before it’s done take the chicken out and let cool then slice. Add in the uncooked penne pasta and cook on high for another 30 minutes.
- Once done add in the parmesan cheese and top with the sliced chicken.