This delicious keto cream cheese chocolate pound cake is a rich, moist, decadent cake that features a chocolate ganache that takes it to a whole nother level. It’s the one recipe that is sure to silence your chocolate cravings while doing keto.
Keto Cream Cheese Chocolate Pound Cake
2 1/2 cups of finely milled almond flour, measured and sifted
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of instant coffee (optional for enhancing chocolate )
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
2 1/4 cups of sugar substitute
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
7 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
8 eggs, room temperature
2 ounces of baking chocolate (melted)
¼ cup of unsalted butter melted
2 ounces of baking chocolate, melted
3 tablespoons of confectioners sugar substitute
¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and line with parchment paper two 8×4 inch loaf pans. Leave an overhang of parchment paper about 2 inches to lift the loaves out of the pans easily. (refer to notes if you only want one loaf or if you want to bake in a bundt pan).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar substitute on high until light and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and combine well until fully incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to mix well after each addition.
- Add all the dry ingredients mixing well until thoroughly combined.
- Lastly, add the melted baking chocolate in a stream and beat the mixture until fully mixed. Note that you can melt the baking chocolate over a double boiler or microwave in 15-second intervals.
- Pour the batter into your two prepared loaf pans and bake for 60-70 minutes or until done.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 15 minutes before taking them out of the mold, and then wait until the cake is thoroughly cooled before spreading the chocolate ganache.
- Chocolate Ganache
- Combine the melted butter, baking chocolate, and powdered sugar substitute until well combined.
- Add the heavy whipping cream a couple of tablespoons at a time and mix till well incorporated.
- Lastly, stir in the coconut oil.
- Halfing The Recipe
- This recipe makes two 8×4-inch loaves. The following are the ingredients for making just one 8×4-inch loaf.
Keto Chocolate Pound Cake (For One Loaf)
- 1 1/4 cups of finely milled almond flour, measured and sifted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee (optional for enhancing the chocolate flavor)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 1/2 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ounce of baking chocolate (melted)
- Chocolate Ganache (For One Loaf)
- Two tablespoons of unsalted butter melted
- 1 ounce of baking chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons of confectioners sugar substitute
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Bundt Pan instructions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Butter well a 10-cup capacity bundt pan with softened butter.
Add the batter to the pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
Allow the cake to cool in the bundt pan for 15 minutes before removing out from the pan. Ensure the cake is thoroughly cooled before adding the icing.