Skip to content
- ▢4 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast trimmed and cut into 4 large chunks
- ▢1 cup beef broth
- ▢1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ▢1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ▢2 tsp. garlic pepper seasoning
- ▢1/2 tsp. sea salt
- ▢2 tbsp. salted butter
- ▢1 small yellow onion peeled and sliced thinly
- ▢2 large green bell peppers deseeded and sliced thinly
- ▢8 oz. cremini mushrooms diced
- ▢1 clove garlic minced
- ▢8 hoagie rolls sliced
- ▢8 slices provolone or muenster cheese
- Place beef chuck into the bottom of a slow cooker and pour beef broth and Worcestershire sauce over meat.
- Season with Italian seasoning, garlic pepper seasoning, and sea salt and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Skim fat off the top of the liquid in the slow cooker and use two forks to shred beef.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions and bell peppers until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly to prevent garlic from burning, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir.
- Add sauteed vegetables into the slow cooker and stir to combine everything.
- Place halved hoagie rolls on a baking sheet. Use a slotted spoon to evenly disperse the beef mixture between the 8 hoagie rolls and top beef mixture with provolone/muenster cheese.
- Broil sandwiches in the oven until hoagies are toasted and cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes.